Preventive Care in Patchogue
Types of Preventive Cardiac Care
Our cardiologists are dedicated to not only treating disease but also to providing high-quality preventive care to help prevent cardiac events from happening.
Brookhaven Cardiac offers a variety of preventive cardiac services.
Contact our office by calling (631) 364-0085.
Proper Cardiac Care at Home
Preventive cardiac care isn’t something that only happens at a doctor’s office. There’s a lot you can do you to maintain your heart health at home.
Here are some simple suggestions:
- Check your blood pressure regularly
- Avoid eating high cholesterol foods, especially food high in LDL (“bad”) cholesterol
- Stop smoking – Smoking decreases HDL (“good”) cholesterol and harms circulation
- Monitor your blood sugars
- Develop a habit of consistent aerobic exercise, such as walking, biking, or swimming
- Limit how often you use alcohol and caffeine
- Consider a cardiac stress test if you are over 40, or sooner if there are risk factors
If you need to schedule an appointment or would like our doctors to review you for preventive cardiac services, contact Brookhaven Cardiac at (631) 364-0085 today.
Preventive Cardiac Services
Cardiology isn’t all about treating disease. Many times it’s about preventing serious events from occurring. At Brookhaven Cardiac, our cardiologists want you to stay healthy and not need significant medical care in the future.
As a result, we also focus on the following preventive cardiac services:
- Hypertension/High Blood Pressure Management
- Dyslipidemia/High Cholesterol Management
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Peripheral Vascular and Arterial Disease
- Diet, Exercise and Smoking Cessation
Our goal is to keep you informed about your medical care and current condition so that you can make the best choices for your life and health. Our biggest reward is your satisfaction and appreciation.
Learn More about Our Services Today
Interested in learning more? We’d love to help. We are committed to helping you stay healthy, avoid serious cardiac events, and receive exceptional high-quality care.
Contact us at (631) 364-0085 to make an appointment today!